"Let's Talk" Facebook Live Series
The Family Institute's April livestream features Incia A. Rashid, M.A., NCC, LPC, professional counselor, and Neil Venketramen, M.S., LMFT, marriage and family therapist at The Family Institute, in conversation about the rise of anxiety disorders among children and teens. They also provide tips for parents to help their kids cope with anxiety.
Questions include but are not limited to:
- What usually causes anxiety in children and teens? Is it true that teenagers are experiencing more anxiety nowadays?
- What degree of anxiety is normal? What are the warning signs that should concern parents?
- Some people tend to mistake depression for anxiety and vice versa. How do you differentiate them?
- Can regular anxiety turn into clinical anxiety? If so, when and how do we address regular anxiety so it doesn't turn into clinical anxiety?
- How can parents help their kids cope with anxiety?
- How do parents know if and when their kids need therapy or medication?