Teletherapy is therapy through a live video connection with your therapist, over the internet. You and your therapist are in different places but you can hear and see each other. Your therapist provides the same treatment as if you were seeing each other in person.
If you are interested in teletherapy, talk with your therapist.
Why choose teletherapy?
- It is high-quality care.
- It is convenient. Your therapy session takes place in a quiet, private setting of your choosing, as long as you have access to a computer or mobile device and an internet connection.
- It is a great alternative if you are concerned about missing appointments because of your schedule, traveling, being housebound, or due to bad weather.
- It is an option for couples therapy or family therapy sessions when one or more participants is traveling, or schedules and/or geographical distance don’t allow for everyone to be in the same place at the same time.
- It is also a way to continue therapy when you are away at college or during seasons when you are out of the area.
- Our teletherapy platform protects your privacy — we are vigilant about security and provide a HIPAA compliant platform for our teletherapy services.
How does teletherapy work?
- Through your phone, tablet or computer — any device with an internet connection; if you have ever used Skype on your computer or FaceTime on your iPhone, you have used the same type of technology that teletherapy uses.
- Appointments are the same length as your in-person sessions and are scheduled in the same way.
- You choose a quiet, private spot free of distraction, interruptions and background noise and connect with your therapist via a safe, secure online platform.
Hours vary depending on the availability of individual therapists.