Based on a program developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, our Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program focuses on guiding participants in mindfulness meditation. This includes mindful eating, breath awareness, meditation, self-awareness, proactive ways to approach stress and mindful yoga, aimed at all ability levels.
Because our program is group-based, participants will participate in interactive discussions on stress management and wellbeing. This helps people more fully experience how mindfulness can change our relationship to our thoughts, feelings and pain. Please note that all sessions will be held virtually.
The potential health benefits of MBSR include:
- Stronger mind-body connection
- Increased emotional health & well-being
- Reduced depression & anxiety
- Improved sleep cycles
- Pain reduction
- Increased attention span
MBSR Series Dates & Times
- Orientation: Thursday, April 21, 6 - 8:30 p.m.
- 8-Week Sessions: Thursdays, April 28 - June 16, 6 - 8:30 p.m.
- All-Day Retreat: Saturday, June 4, 8:30 a.m - 4 p.m.
What to Expect
Registration has closed. Check back for future offerings.