Based on a program developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, our Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program focuses on guiding participants in mindfulness meditation. This includes mindful eating, breath awareness, meditation, self-awareness, proactive ways to approach stress and mindful yoga, aimed at all ability levels.
Because our program is group-based, participants will participate in interactive discussions on stress management and wellbeing. This helps people more fully experience how mindfulness can change our relationship to our thoughts, feelings and pain. Please note that all sessions will be held virtually.
The potential health benefits of MBSR include:
- Stronger mind-body connection
- Increased emotional health & well-being
- Reduced depression & anxiety
- Improved sleep cycles
- Pain reduction
- Increased attention span
Winter 2024 MBSR Series Dates & Times
- Orientation: Tuesday, January 16, 2024 | 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- 8-Week Sessions: Tuesdays, January 23 – March 12, 2024 | 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.*
- All-Day Retreat: Saturday, February 24, 2024 | 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.