The first class starts February 7, 2023
The Family Institute is pleased to announce our four-week Pillars of Well-Being Mindfulness series with virtual sessions starting February 7, 2023. These 1-hour sessions are designed for anyone who wants to cultivate a gentler and more flexible approach to living in today’s world. Instructed by Ms. Karla Hargrove, M.A., LPC – a Staff Therapist and certified teacher of MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction). Ms. Hargrove offers a basic approach to applying these foundational tools into daily living and weaves them with formal meditation practices in each session.
PILLARS OF WELL-BEING MINDFULNESS Series Dates & Times
Tuesdays, February 7 - February 28, 2023 | 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 18, 2023 | 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
All sessions will meet virtually
Students will benefit from learning how to:
- Become more responsive and less reactive to life stressors
- Increase areas of self- and social awareness
- Switch off from “auto-pilot” and be more intentional in daily activities
- Bring awareness to the interconnectedness of thoughts, emotions and body sensations
- Feel “less stuck” or “hopeless” by challenging perceptions of reality